REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Outsourced IT and MIS Support Vendor
The Middletown Housing Authority (MHA) requests proposals of qualifications and supporting materials from qualified firms and / or individuals to provide technical support, assistance, system assessment, network design and installation, and training services to Authority staff involved in the operation of the Authority’s Information Technology and Management Information Systems.
The deadline for proposal submission is Friday February 15, 2019 at 4:30 PM Local Time in Middletown, CT. All questions pertaining to this Request for Proposal must be directed to John or Kristy at [email protected] or [email protected]. See Section F. for details on submission process.
The Housing Authority of the City of Middletown is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and conducts its business in accordance with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations and guidelines. Small, Minority, Women Business Enterprises and Disabled are encouraged to participate in this process.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Outsourced IT and MIS Support Vendor
The Middletown Housing Authority (MHA) requests proposals of qualifications and supporting materials from qualified firms and / or individuals to provide technical support, assistance, system assessment, network design and installation, and training services to Authority staff involved in the operation of the Authority’s Information Technology and Management Information Systems. The term of service will be for three years. The firm or individual will be selected on the basis of qualifications. In addition to regular maintenance and support, task orders will be issued by the Authority for specific tasks during the period of performance. No services covered by the resulting contract shall be subcontracted without prior knowledge of and express written approval by MHA. All proposals must include in section D, part 3, the name, address and telephone number of all subcontractors and / or contracted consultants the firm will employ or utilize to provide the services requested under this RFP.
A. General Information
The MHA managed 1,370 housing units comprised of Federal Public, Connecticut State, and Section 8 Vouchers. The central office is located at 40 Broad Street, Middletown; there are currently no remote networked sites. (There is a web-based security camera system at our Federal properties that are supported by the original vendors and they are not part of the services being sought at this time.)
Nine (9) administrative employees and two (2) facilities employees utilize and maintain workstations at their desks. The agency has a network in place that was updated in Jan 2011
B. Description of Current System and Hardware
General Layout and Office Locations
- The agency’s main office at 40 Broad Street houses 2 file servers and 14 PC workstations.
- The main business software is housed on a Dell PowerEdge T620, running Windows Server 2003 R2.
- The domain controller and file system are housed on a Dell PowerEdge T430, running Windows Server 2012.
- Each server has its own UPS; each Dell server is backed up daily via internal tape drives.
- There are ten Dell desktop workstations of various models and capacities: seven (7) Optiplex 9020’s ; three (3) Lenovo
- There is one Dell Latitude laptops, a D630.
- All workstations run on Windows 8 and/or 10 and are from one to five years old.
- On an as-needed basis, remote access is available via Remote Desktop.
- At the main office, there is Sonic Wall TZ 170 300W providing firewall and routing duties for internet access. It is connected to a Comcast DSL modem for internet service.
- E-mail (combo Pop3 and Exchange) and website hosting is provided by Omnis Network.
- There is Dell Powerconnect 2024 at the main office running the internal LAN.
- There are eleven (11) printers at the main office. Twelve are connected to workstations:
three (3) Dell S2830dn, five (5) Dell B2360dn, one (1) HP LaserJet 1320, one (1) HP Office Jet 6968 “all-in-one” and one (1) LaserJet pro M402n.
Copiers / Fax Machines
- There are two (2) main copiers, one (1) Kyocera TASKalfa 6002i (fax/copier/printer/scanner) and one (1) Kyocera TASKalfa 4002i (copier/printer/scanner).
Mission Critical Software
- MHA uses HAB’s HMS Software for tenant, facility and financial management, developed specifically for public housing authorities. This software was installed in June of 2008.
- The agency is currently using MS Windows 8 and Windows 10 Pro.
- An affordable housing nonprofit agency is also supported from the MHA office; Quickbooks Pro 2017 is used for this company’s accounting and financial reporting.
- MHA is currently NEC – DSX 80 telephone and voicemail system.
C. Scope of Services
The Authority has identified a number of tasks for which it anticipates the need for professional IT consulting and support services to support IT and MIS functions. These include but are not limited to the following:
Daily Desktop Support and / or Helpdesk Support
- MHA requires helpdesk support. This includes such common support items as deploying new PCs and printers; resolving problems with connectivity, printing, scanning, email and file sharing; establishing active directory accounts; and installing security patches, upgrades, fixes, etc.
- Support must be available 5 days a week during business hours to provide daily desktop support as needed, through a combination of remote access, phone and / or onsite visit.
- Response time by remote access or phone should be no more than 2 hours. If an onsite visit is required, response time should be no more than 48 hours.
Server and Infrastructure Maintenance and Support
- Maintain and support the servers, routers, switches and infrastructure as required to allow continuous operation during business hours.
- Perform system maintenance as required without interruption during business hours.
- Provide data backup in house and cloud storage.
- Install periodic updates, patches and “hot fixes”.
Infrastructure Design: Project Management and Support
MHA would like to determine a cost-effective solution for accommodating individual and small group sessions for web-based training and presentations.
- MHA may wish to have informal training or instruction on basic file management, saving and storing files, best practices, etc. The vendor’s proficiency using Outlook and the MS Office Suite will be relied upon from time to time when staff need assistance.
- The agency seeks a partner, trusted advisor and liaison for 3rd party vendors such as the mission critical software vendor, telecommunications, internet provider, etc.
- The vendor will provide the agency with formal documentation of the network hardware configuration and specs, login and passwords; this document will be updated at least annually.
- The vendor will assist MHA in updating the information technology portion of its Disaster Recovery Plan in line with current cost-effective strategies and techniques.
D. Proposal Requirements
The MHA requests that proposals be organized in a concise, focused manner to assist in the evaluation process. The bidder must provide sufficient information to establish their ability to provide comprehensive services capable of addressing the type of tasks described in Section C. Proposals must include the following information:
- Project Approach – A narrative which discusses the consultant’s general approach to design and installation of a new or upgraded technology solution.
- Support and Maintenance Approach – A narrative which discusses the consultant’s general approach to providing regular services, routine maintenance, and technical support. Include a proposal and pricing for regular service and maintenance, whether it be by the hour, blocked time or a monthly fee.
- Company and Project Organization – The consultant should describe the role of each team member that will be involved in supporting the Agency and providing a resume for each. If there will be more than one level of support person, such as an engineer and a technician, include billing rates for each. No services that the chosen firm agrees to provide under this RFP and the resulting contract to provide services, shall be subcontracted without prior knowledge of and express written approval by MHA. All proposals must include in this section the name, address and telephone number of all subcontractors and / or contracted consultants the firm will employ or utilize to provide the services requested under this RFP.
- Relevant Experience and References – A description of prior experience providing services comparable to those included in the RFP. List all Public Housing Authorities that you have provided services to in the past five (5) years, if any, and include contact information. Furthermore, at least three (3) references must be provided, preferably where the consultant is supporting a similarly sized network environment within the past three (3) years. References must include the company name, contact person and phone number.
- Certification – A statement certify that the consultant is not debarred, suspended or otherwise prohibited from professional practice or performance of service by any Federal, State or Local Agency must be included in the proposal.
E. Proposal Evaluation Criteria
The Proposal will be evaluated using the following maximum point system:
|Relevant Experience and References||25|
|Support and Maintenance Approach||25|
|Cost / Pricing||25|
|Experience working with Public Housing Agencies||10|
TOTAL POSSIBLE POINTS 100
F. Proposal Submission Rules, Important Dates, and other Guidelines
- Any questions pertaining to this Request for Proposal must be directed to John or Kristy at [email protected] or [email protected].
- Site review by bidders will be at Sbona Tower on Wednesday January 23, 2019 at 10:00 am.
- All questions must be submitted no later than February 1, 2019.
- All questions received and the answers to those questions will be e-mailed to each responding vendor by February 8, 2019.
- Proposals must be submitted online to [email protected].
The deadline for proposal submission is Friday February 15, 2019 at 4:30 PM Local Time in Middletown, CT.
MHA may choose to conduct in-person interviews with some or all of the responding vendors as part of the decision-making process. These will be scheduled shortly after the submission date, with a goal of making a final selection by March/April 2019.
The Middletown Housing Authority reserves the right to waive any information in or to reject any and all proposals or to award to other than the lowest cost proposal if deemed to be in the best interest of the Authority and to do so without further explanation or notice. The chosen firm will be under contract with the Authority. A contract will be prepared and submitted to the Middletown Housing Authority and executed by both parties before services will begin.